Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Blog Hop


Christmas Blog Hop

Welcome to the Ladybug ink. Blog Hop!  If you've been hopping, you've just come from my talented Downline Ruth's blog.  She always has such fun projects!

I love Stampin' Up! products and believe they are the best on the market.  One of the things I love the most about the products is that they are so versatile.  You can use them for the obvious things like card making and scrapbooking.  They are also beautiful used for home decor, gifts, and packaging.  Below are two examples of the non-traditional use of Stampin' supplies.

The first example shows the use of SU's Designer Series Paper (DSP).  SU has a beautiful selection of DSP for every occasion.  I love the Christmas paper they offered this year.  I needed to wrap some gifts and didn't want to use plain old wrapping paper.  After all, the gift is awesome and I wanted the outside to be just as fabulous.  (Inside are the fun little Everyday Happenings Designer Calendars (129936) sold on page 22 of the mini.  I added some fun details to each page, but more on that in my next post!) To fancy up the outside, I decided to wrap the gifts with the Candlelight Christmas DSP (126901) and The Be of Good Cheer DSP (126896).  They look beautiful, and what's so fun about them is that the recipient will get an added surprise when they open them because the DSP has a coordinating pattern on the inside.   
 Here is a close up of the curly-q bow made with the opposite side of the DSP.  I just sliced strips of the paper on our fabulous new paper cutter (126889) and wrapped them around a pencil.  Simple and fun!  You might notice that I also made a belly band with the opposite side of the DSP.


Another non-traditional use of SU supplies is home decor and gifts items.  These ornaments serve both purposes.  Below is an ornament I made last year as gifts for a few of my friends.  Inside are strips of DSP cut on the paper cutter that I curled around a pencil and shoved inside.  

Below is the version I made this year in my Ornament class.  Again, it uses DSP, but instead of cutting it with the paper cutter, I punched out the strips with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border (119275).  I love the delicate edges the punch adds.   
 
I plan to let my daughters and a few of their friends make some of these during Christmas break.  We'll also be making the ornaments shown on my SU website:
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/ladybugink/project/viewProject.soa?id=245251




Thanks for hopping by!  Next, hop on over to see what cute project Nichole has for us!
Nichole Gonzales Jaramillo http://nicholesu.blogspot.com/


Here is our blog hop map in case you get lost:
Nichole Gonzales Jaramillo http://nicholesu.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas for gift wrapping, think I will use some of them. Can't wait to see your calendar ideas. I am giving these as gifts myself this year. Great job on your first BlogHop.

    ReplyDelete