Friday, December 7, 2012

The Case For C.A.S.E.ing

C.A.S.E.ing stands for Copy And Share Everything. Even though I have been stamping for over 15 years, I still C.A.S.E. I believe it's a great way to spur on your own creativity. It is rare that I start a project from scratch. There are many forms of C.A.S.E.ing.  Here are the close-ups of each of my Stamp-a-stack cards to give you an idea of what I mean.

The first one is an outright C.A.S.E. from my talented downline Ruth Norton.
This was Ruth's card from our downline shoebox swap. I loved it so much that I wanted to do it for my Stamp-a-stack and I didn't change a thing. 

This card was inspired by my sweet stamping friend Bernadette Doerr from New Jersey.
Bernadette sent me a similar card that was fall themed. I changed the colors and the stamp set to give it a winter feel. 

This card was inspired from a card I found online by Mel Sharp.
I kept the layout and the colors but I changed the ribbon.  Instead of using DSP, I embossed the Gumball Green card stock.  I also added the little heart punch at the bottom.

This card was inspired by two different cards I found online.
 I kept the basic layout from one card but changed the color scheme. The tree medallion was inspired from the other card.

This card is my favorite of the five and was inspired by several different cards and an ornament I created for my ornament class. 
While I had some inspiration, the final card looks nothing like what spurred on my creativity.  It has become my own original!


So grab the latest Stampin' Up! catalog and be inspired!  If you don't have a copy, let me know and I'll get one to you!
Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment