Thursday, November 13, 2014

Watercoloring and Embossing

I recently had my Advanced Stamping class at Continuing Ed.
We mostly focused on the techniques of watercoloring
and dry and heat embossing.
As I tell my students, this techniques aren't really advanced
You just have to have the right supplies and a little bit of direction.
This is my favorite way to watercolor in stamping.

I used an Aquapainter and some reinker.

For this card, I lightly spritzed a piece or watercolor paper
and stamped on it while it was still wet.

The colors bleed together a bit.

I copied the design for this card from last month's club.

I colored the stamp with markers, stamped it on watercolor paper,
then blended the colors with an Aquapainter.

You may remember a version of this card from my Blendabilities class.

The flowers look watercolored, but it's actually the amazing Blendabilities markers!

The last card I embossed on watercolor paper,
then created a watercolor wash across the whole paper
using an Aquapainter and four colors of reinkers.

You will get the best results with watercoloring by using
watercolor paper, but you can also try our Shimmery white and
Naturals White or Ivory.

No comments:

Post a Comment