Thursday, September 10, 2015

Dab and Splash Technique

I learned this technique from my downline Ruth Norton.
She learned it from the online video tutorial by
Lydia does a great job of explaining this technique and I love the colors she used.
Neither Ruth nor Lydia had a name for this technique.
I was calling it sponge and spritz, but at my Tuesday Tea and Techniques Class
I asked the stampers for ideas for a better name.
I think it was my mom that came up with the name I adapted to
Dab and Splash.
You dab three coordinating colors with sponges,
then you spritz the card with water.
The bonus technique on the leaf is
Rock 'n Roll.
You ink the stamp in one color,
then roll it around a darker, coordinating color so 
just the edges get inked.

This is the card Ruth made with this technique at our last meeting.
The richness of the colors is fabulous!  
And look at that black glitter paper.

Over the weekend, I heard someone say,
"A day without glitter is like a day without sunshine."
I love that!!  Never mind that it came from a male, lawyer/musician
that just may have been being slightly sarcastic.
It's a great saying none the less!



I will offer Tuesday Tea and Techniques the second Tuesday of each month.
I hope to see you next month.

Below are some of the items I used on this project.
You can place orders at www.ladybugink.stampinup.net 


This item is 50% off in the clearance rack!!

Price: $29.95 $14.99











Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder 127821
Price $7.50 


















For All Things Wood-Mount Stamp Set 135152
Price $25.00
 For All Things Clear-Mount Stamp Set 135155
Price $18.00 







Aqua Painters 103954
Price $17.00










Heat Tool 129053
Price $30.00





No comments:

Post a Comment